Thursday, February 26, 2009

Singing in My Sleep...

I awoke this morning about 4:30 am and had been 'singing' within my spirit an old Keith Green song, "Oh Lord, You're Beautiful". I don't really know the whole song, only that first few lines but its such a lovely tune. I think I have been singing this for weeks now so perhaps I need to learn the rest of it? I wake up most mornings and have this song welling up within me right away. Maybe it's more like being fully aware I had been singing while I was sleeping. Hmm...

The Lord had prompted me to get up early this morning and I failed in my obedience today. We sheared sheep yesterday and I was SOOOOOO tired in my body. Every joint ached and my feet were painful by days end from being in barn boots all day. Yet, it pains me more to know I did not/could not/would not or whatever 'not' get up early to spend time with Jesus. Once again, I ask for His forgiveness and so need His mercy and grace. Oh Lord, You are indeed beautiful to me!

As I was writing this morning, I hopped over to Rockin' with the Cross and found the remaining words to the Keith Green song. The 2nd verse sounds like me this morning:

Oh Lord, my body's tired
But Your keep reminding me
Of many holy, tireless men
Who spilt their blood for Thee
My prayer is that The Lord forgive me once again for my failures and give me strength and endurance to continue The Race, striving and following hard after Him alone. May I not simply admire Jesus from afar and hold Him only in adoration. Adore Him, yes, but do not stop there. Adore Him, behold Him, honor Him, obey Him, love Him in reckless abandon and be oblivious to my own needs, my discomfort or my plan for the day.
Oh Lord, You're Beautiful
Your face is all I seek
And when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me!
Thank you, Jesus, for your faithfulness and your undying patience with me. Your grace indeeds sustains and covers me. Your blood alone is the only thing to make me anything at all before You. I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Cheryl,
Wish I could have been there to help you. Did you skirt yesterday? Now it's on to lambing I assume. Wish I could be there for that too. How many lambs are we expecting? Keep singing.

Pam said...

It is a wonderful thing to wake up singing...far better than waking up and feeling the world has passed you by and you are lost.