Wednesday, December 26, 2007

New to this.....

Good morning... Trying my newbie hand at blogging so please be patient as this thing develops.

CHRISTmas day has come and gone but the Reason for the Season remains ever faithful, doesn't He? I read the Christmas story, this year from The Message bible and was literally awestruck and dumbfounded, at the same time. WOW, pretty much sums it up really....

As I contemplate the list of things to do for this week, I am slightly overwhelmed at the tasks at hand. Taking down decorations is at the list top mainly because we have 2 dug trees, needing transplanting and the weather is favorable this week so far. I have many outdoor cleaning chores to be done, again more to do than hours in the day. Sound familiar to anyone? :)

Overwhelm -- interesting word to say the least. Webster's defines this as "to pour down upon or over or to bury beneath". I would imagine our own decision to be overwhelmed (buried) or not often determines our daily priorities. Feelings are fickle (thank you, Joe) and cannot be trusted. Emotions are merely roots of our flesh, not our spirit in Christ Jesus. CHOOSING this day whom I will serve, it will not be my flesh by my spirit man who is alive and strong in the Lord. My prayer is that this day I will reflect the love and character of Jesus Christ and not be an image of my circumtances. All for Jesus!

Leaving now with a thought for the day....
"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." Jeremiah 17:9-10, The Message Bible

No comments: