Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some interesting finds...

So I have been searching for a loom recently, something small to begin with would have been fine. I have looked off and on for a while now but not being sure of what exactly to look for really. Over the weekend, I came across a Craig's List ad from someone having a few looms to part with for 'best offer'. So, I called and went to look. This is what I found...
At left, the Weaver's Delight loom, stamped 9202 out of 35,000 made between 1887 and 1980 something. At right, a 48" Cambridge 4 harness loom unknown date of production, but still looking. Not shown are two table looms, one an Ashford and the other unknown maker.


Imagine my surprise when the seller offered me these gems at free for my taking them! Talk about a provision and answered prayer. I'm still astonished and in awe God would look so favorably on my request to provide a loom over and above my expectations, along with no cost aside from gasoline to drive up and back. I have no words......

1 comment:

Pam said...

Awesome...truly awesome! I am waiting to hear about the mission trip. I've been thinking of you! Love Pam