Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Beginnings...8/08/08

May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Leonard....

God really blessed us with a lovely weekend down in Gulf Shores, AL for my oldest daughters wedding. Jessica and Bryan were united in marriage on Orange Beach, Friday, August 8, 2008. With friends and family watching on, they exchanged vows on the beach along with numerous guests observing from their condo balconies. It was awesome to hear the cheers of our new "audience" once they kissed and were presented as Mr. and Mrs. The wedding was stunningly beautiful and God was so faithful to provide His creative touches to everything, from the smallest details to the big stuff.

Sometimes I don't think the whole idea of my daughter being married has really sunk in just yet. I pray God gives me the grace to be faithful in my promise not to be a meddling mother/mother-in-law. And I ask the Holy Spirit to prompt me in faithful prayers not only for my new extended family, but also for my son-in-law and my daughter as they begin their lives together as husband and wife.

My prayer for these newlyweds is simply this:

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you a d be gracious to you;
the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

May you both seek His presence in your daily love walk, both with each other and also with Him. May you keep Him as Head of your household at all times. For Bryan, I pray you do indeed love and cherish Jessica as Christ does His own lovely bride, the church. For Jessica, I pray you love and honor your husband, as unto the Lord. May God keep you close to His side, whisper gently into your ears of His love towards you both and may He alone reign as you serve Him by serving one another. I LOVE YOU! MOM




1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Congratulations to Bryan and Jessica ~ what a beautiful photo, Cheryl!